AC&C Care Centers' doors are always open to receive animals in need. We regularly rescue nursing moms with babies, kittens and puppies without mothers, and injured and ill animals. These animals may need extra love and attention outside of the Care Center to get healthy and ready for adoption.
The AC&C Foster program takes animals out of the Care Center environment and places them into the homes of caring individuals like you. Fosters give animals the time and care they need so that they can be adopted into a loving home from one of our Care Centers or at one of our offsite adoption events.
View our Fostering Pamphlet.
Foster Volunteer Orientations:
The Foster Orientation is for people interested in fostering animals in their home. If you are not interested in fostering, but would like to learn about other AC&C volunteer opportunities, please sign up for one of our regular monthly Volunteer Orientations below.
Foster volunteers are required to attend one Foster Volunteer Orientation. If you are unable to attend the Foster Orientations listed below, you may attend any of the other Foster Volunteer Orientations available to become part of our Foster Family. A Foster Orientation will give you a little more information specific to fostering for AC&C; however, we do cover the Foster Program in our general volunteer orientations.
**Current AC&C volunteers interested in fostering do not need to attend this orientation. Please e-mail the Volunteer Department if you are a current AC&C volunteer interested in becoming a foster parent.
- There is limited space, so please sign up only if you are planning to attend.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in our Foster Program.
- Please arrive early to sign in. We will be starting the orientation on time.
- If you are registered for the orientation but are not able to attend, please e-mail us at email@example.com to let us know.
- For people who have signed up for an orientation, we will be sending you an e-mail with all of the orientation details approximately a week before the orientation date.
- For more information about our requirements and policies please visit our Foster Requirements Page
- We recommend using www.hopstop.com to find the best public transportation method to the orientation.
- We will post the orientations on our website for the following month on the 2nd Monday of the current month.
Foster Volunteer Orientations: NEW DATES TO COME