Don’t have any plans for the weekend?
That’s okay… neither do our Boroughbreds!
How about turning your staycation into a Straycation by letting one of our awesome dogs or cats hang out at your place for the long weekend?
A Straycation offers many benefits to the animals in our care. First, a few nights out of the shelter is amazing for the animal's mental health. Similar to our BoroughBreak program, a Straycation further shows us how the animal acts outside of a shelter environment, which helps them get adopted! Fewer animals in our care centers for a long weekend also means the animals still in our care receive more attention from staff and volunteers.
Here are the details:
- Looking for a 2-night minimum
- You will be pre-matched with a pet based off of your survey answers
- Due to how quickly they are adopted, we cannot guarantee small dogs will be available for StrayCations
- We provide food, leash/collar, and a toy
- Pets available from all three locations (Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island)
- ACC strongly recommends a 2 week separation period between foster animals and resident pets
- No training or orientation needed
Questions? Email email@example.com