Featured Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Programs:
ASPCA Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinics
The ASPCA strives to make spay/neuter accessible and affordable for all New York City residents. Low-income pet parents in New York City's five boroughs with proof of public assistance such as welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), disability, food stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or public housing qualify for heavily subsidized spay/neuter services for their cat or dog. Those receiving unemployment benefits do not qualify.
Spay/Neuter Fees for Cats and Dogs:
- With proof of public assistance: $0
- Without proof of public assistance: $125
The ASPCA also partnered with the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene to provide free spay/neuter services for a limited time to low-income residents of New York City. In order to qualify for this free offer, you must bring the following to a Mobile Clinic in Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island:
- A printed voucher [PDF] for free surgery
- A government issued photo ID showing a New York City address
- Proof of benefits
What services are provided for pets?
- Spay or neuter surgery.
- Rabies vaccine (Under New York City law, we must provide this unless a pet parent presents a current rabies vaccination certificate signed by a veterinarian. A rabies tag is not sufficient proof).
- FVRCP vaccine for cats/DA2PPV vaccine for dogs (We do not provide vaccinations or any other services to animals who are NOT being spayed/neutered).
- Nail trim.
- Small tattoo, placed close to the incision site when an animal is spayed/neutered (Tattoos let shelters and veterinarians easily identify that an animal has already been spayed/neutered. This is especially important for female animals, as presence of a tattoo can help the animal avoid undergoing an unnecessary surgery in the future).
- Microchip, offered for an additional $10 per animal.
- For more information, please call: 877.SPAY.NYC (877.772.9692) Hours: Monday - Friday, 11:00AM - 8:00PM or please visit their ASPCA's Spay/Neuter website.
- Free & low-cost spay/neuter on a mobile van
- 100% Free for all NYC Residents on public assistance
- 100% Free for Pit bulls & non-purebred dogs & cats (you do not need to be on public assistance)
- Other pure- and designer-breeds:
- Spay/Neuter: $100
- Rabies Vaccinations: $10
- Phone: 212.799.1120
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the Toby Project.
Low-cost spay/neuter on Long Island at a mobile clinic. The $57 spay/neuter fee includes a physical exam and pain management. No additional charge for pregnancy or heat. Vaccinations and other tests and treatments are available for an additional low fee.
- Phone: 888.738.3497
- E-mail: email@example.com
Association for the Rescue & Adoption of Stray Animals (ARASA)
- P.O. Box 120-264, Staten Island, NY 10312
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 410 East 38th Street, New York, NY 10016
- Phone: 212.532.5884
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.321.7387
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 306 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022
- Phone: 212.752.4840
Each year on the last Tuesday of February, veterinarians and their staff, animal welfare professionals, business owners and concerned citizens join forces nationwide to spay or neuter as many animals as possible. For more information, please visit HSUS.
- Phone: 718.833.7988
- Fax: 718.921.6327
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 914.632.2925
- E-mail: PetAdopt@verizon.net
- Phone: 718.227.0553
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Low-Cost Spay/Neuter for Feral Cats
If you are a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) colony caretaker, please visit the NYC Feral Cat Initiative website for more information on low-cost spay/neuter options for feral cats.