Are you interested in joining the ACC New Hope program?
The New Hope Program is ACC’s proactive community initiative aimed at finding homes for New York City’s homeless animal population, especially those that require specialized medical care or behavior training. New Hope Partners take ownership of ACC animals and either place them into permanent homes immediately through their own adoption processes, or care for them offsite prior to finding permanent homes. Any registered 501c3* can apply to become a partner.
New Hope Partner Benefits:
- Partners have access to animals of all types including regular adoptions, fosters, and at-risk animals
- There is no fee to pull an animal from ACC
- All animals are vaccinated, micro-chipped and spayed/neutered (if possible) prior to placement
- When possible, animals will be transported from the shelter to the New Hope partners designated address at no-cost
- Eligible for placement stipends not available to the public
What you need to apply:
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) status, veterinary business license or wildlife license
- A primary veterinarian and emergency veterinarian reference
- Three professional references
- A list of boarding facilities and trainers utilized by the organization, including name, address, and contact information
- List shelters the organization currently pulls animals from including name, address, and contact information
- A copy of the organization’s adoption application and adoption agreement
If you are interested in becoming a New Hope partner, please review this document for additional information about the program. You may e-mail questions to New Hope at email@example.com. An online application form may be found here.
Organizations that are established as an animal shelter, an animal welfare organization, animal rescue organization or veterinary hospital may be eligible to participate in our New Hope program.
* If the organization is a 501(c)3 organized under the laws of the State of New York, proof of registration with the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
See a list of ACC's New Hope Partners